Everyone should be alert for scammers calling, texting and emailing about the coronavirus or COVID-19, including Economic Impact Payments. These scams can lead to tax-related fraud and identity theft.
What you need to know:
- The IRS will not call, email or text you to verify or request your financial, banking or personal information.
- Watch out for websites and social media attempts to request money or personal information. IRS.gov is the official website.
- Don't open unexpected emails that look like they're coming from the IRS or click on any attachments or links.
- Don't engage potential scammers.
- Forward suspicious emails to firstname.lastname@example.org.
News and Communications
UPDATE: Stimulus Payments and Extended Deadlines
NonProfit Rebates and CARES Act
New Tax Payment and Filing Deadline for 2019 Taxes
COVID-19 Response and Tools to Serve You!